2012-11-19

Hello Everyone, Jazz again! :)
I am now in my 3rd to last week here in Germany and it is starting to get so cold!
On Saturday it was Jojo's Oma and Opa's 50th Anniversary and the family went out for the day to a nice Bavarian restaurant. There were only about 14 of us so it was a nice and quiet day.

To start off this celebration we had our first entrée; we had a pancake soup with some other 'foods' in it but I’m not 100% sure what but it was very yummy. After this we had our second entrée; this time we had a salad with orange and walnuts. Once we finished it was time for our main, for this one we had 4 options to pick from, I had a piece of fish with some fettuccini noodles and vegetables; it was really yummy but after all the food I could only manage to squeeze in the fish and some noodles.
After everyone had finished it was time for dessert, most people had some ice cream or chocolate mousse but it was too much for me so I saved room for the cake later on.
My host mum, dad, Jojo and I then went for a nice little walk around the town to get some fresh air and walk off a little bit of the food, but it was so cold so Jojo went back to the restaurant before us because she was in a dress. This was a nice time for me to talk to my host parents together and they told me about traditional Bavarian weddings and how they start drinking and celebrating at 4-5am and stop later on and then the bride goes away and gets dressed and prettied up and then they have the ceremony and reception. It sounds much different to a traditional Australian wedding but just as much fun.
When we returned to the restaurant we had coffee, tea and cake. We had three cakes to choose from; one of them Jojo and I made which was a cream cheese sponge cake with peaches in it. There was also an apple cake with cream and a chocolate and cherry cake. Jojo and I had half a piece of our cake and the apple cake each, they were both very yummy.
I
t is such an amazing thing to reach 50 years of happiness with someone you love and their day was very nice and all of the family was happy and sharing love all day. (:
The day after on Sunday was Jojo's Opa’s 86th birthday, so in one weekend he had his 50th anniversary and 86th birthday :)
To celebrate this my host dad, brother, Jojo and I went to her Oma and Opa's house and had coffee and cakes with them and her other Oma and Opa. This was very nice and so cute; it was like having a little tea party with loved ones.

This time I had the cherry and chocolate cake and Jojo had ours again. By the end of this day there were only a few pieces of the cakes left.
After coffee and cakes Jojo's Oma had made dinner for us so we stayed for that. They had Leberkäse with breads, sweet and savoury mustard, grapes, cheeses, salmon and garlic bread. But I didn’t like the Leberkäse so I just had some grapes, cheese, breads and sweet mustard.
This day was also nice and spent with fun loving people. Over my time here I have got to know most of Jojo's family pretty well and it is so nice to spend time with them. :)
Over all I had a fun, happy, loving, full of food and smiles weekend and I enjoy it very much. I also got to try some foods I hadn’t tried yet, which most of it I liked.

That’s all for now, but i will be back again soon! Ciao, Jazz (:

The three cakes!
Top right- Mine and Jojo's cream cheese sponge cake with peaches cake
top left- apple and cream cake
and bottom-cherry and chocolate cake.

Jojo's Opa with a traditional 50th anniversary sign. It gets hung above the couples front door for them to see when they leave their house.  


My host mum with her parents on their 50th anniversary.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen