2012-10-10

Hello again everyone, Miranda here!
I have had a lot happening in the last few days.
On Friday night I went night shopping in Rosenheim. It only happens once a year, and there were so many people there. There was a light show in the park, which was really cool. There were all these big sculptures that were lit up in really bright colours. There was a laser show, so that the trees glittered.
There was also a catwalk show, all lit up and dazzling with music and lights.
It was really fun, and I got home at about 11.30!

On Saturday I was at the Oktoberfest. On the train, half the people were wearing their Leder Hosen.
Just walking in was amazing. It wasn't even ten in the morning, and already it was packed to the rafters! I have never seen more people in my entire life!
It was a beautiful day; it was really warm and sunny. First, we went on the giant Ferris Wheel. You can see everything from up there, the entive festival and the whole of Munich, too!
I went on a ride called the Top Spin, which was very crazy. But really fun too! We all got so wet, but especially Jazz :)
I also went on a looping roller coaster with five loops (fun!) and the Giant Drop. You could see the whole park from up there, too!
It was a great day, and I am very glad to have had the chance to go to the Oktoberfest.

Today we went to Chiemsee, to see 'Crazy King Ludwig's' palace on the Herreninsel. It is modelled exactly on the palace of Versaille, which is in Paris. Everything is so intricate and it has such an amazing history. The palace is only a third finished. King Ludwig ran out of money (I'm not surprised with all the gold he used!) and he died too young, after he was discoeverd dead in the lake at Starrnbergersee along with his Psychíatrist.

After having a tour of the palace, we took the boat over to the 'Womans Island' (Fraueninsel), where there is a nunnery. The island is really pretty, and the church is lovely. It is beautifully made, and not too big.
The step at the front is worn down so there is a big gap in it due to how many people have walked on it over hundreds of years.

Well, thats all from me for now,

Miranda

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo Miranda!

    Toll, dass du so viel erlebst!

    I'm excited to hear all about the differences between Germany and Australia that you've discovered!

    Take care and say hello to everyone!
    Oli

    AntwortenLöschen