2012-10-10

It´s been one whole week now and everyday is a new experience. I went to Europes largest indoor waterpark on the second day of arrival, I felt really out of place because I was the only one wearing a full piece! I had lots of people staring at me that day and I felt really self-conscious!

The second day was the start of school, We (the Aussies) all had to indroduce ourselves in front of 500 German students, in German. It actually didn´t go too badly, I didn´t go pink and mumble which was a first for me :) By then I was used to most of the Germans students staring at me like I needed to be in a zoo.

The fourth day (Wednesday) was the German Reunification Day which is a day off for everyone. It celebrates the knocking down of the Berlin Wall and the two Germanies reuniting after so many years.  All of the exchange students and families had a morning brunch.

The food in Germany is amazing, their main food is served at lunch time and I haven´t had anything I hadn´t liked yet. Thursday and Friday was exhausting! We climbed up to the Rotwandhaus. It was the most beautiful place I have been yet, sheep and lambs were eating on the steep slopes and they had little bells on, it was so cute! We spent overnight in the house and it had just started raining as soon as we got there. I woke up in the morning overlooking the mountain range and I could see the Zugspitze in the distance with a little bit of snow on the top. I took lots of photos from those two days .. about 200 I think .. and I have already changed my camera batteries twice:).

Today I woke up with a sore bottom, legs and shoulders from yesterday and I am walking around like an old woman. Every morning I have been waking up at 6:00am because of the church bells which are right next door. They go every quarter of an hour, half and hour, quarter two and loads of times at the full hour. I´m sort of used to it now though and there is no need for an alarm clock in the morning. I have also noticed how bad my English is getting! So sorry if I spelt anything wrong because I probably did .. !

Tonight is Tini´s birthday party and all of the Aussies are invited:) It will be good!:)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen